Friday, April 13, 2012

My Best Friend

Look At Me - Blog Entry #9 - My Best Friend, Bryan Palomino: 
A Man With A Heart of Gold

Bryan Palomino is a year older than me and we have known each other for over a year now. We went to see Fast Five when it came out, we've talked on Facebook and on the phone. And although he may have been a little unreliable, he had a good reason for the many times that he didn't show up somewhere where we had plans. He may do some drugs and drink, but he has a heart of gold. He's nice, kind, cute, laid-back, chill, and he's got the most handsome smile I ever saw. Over this past year, I've noticed he's becoming less and less shy. When we talk in the morning in the cafeteria at my school,  he sits next to me instead of across from me. Maybe I'll call to see if we can go to the beach or something. We did talk on the phone a few months back. My mom even likes him. So does my gramma, aunt, and a few other of my relatives.

TO TAKE UP SPACE, HERE ARE SOME QUOTES ABOUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. ***DISCLAIMER - THESE QUOTES AND MATERIAL FOLLOWING THIS MESSAGE ARE NOT MINE AT ALL. NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.***

Quotes About Unconditional Love

Quotes tagged as "unconditional-love" (showing 1-34 of 34)
Ann Brashares
“Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”
― Ann BrasharesForever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood

Mitch Albom
“When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”
― Mitch AlbomFor One More Day

J.K. Rowling
“Your mother died to save you...love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves it's own mark...to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.”
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Nicholas Sparks
“What it's like to be a parent: It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.”
― Nicholas SparksThe Wedding

Nicholas Sparks
“God, he suddenly understood, was love in its purest form, and in these last months with his children, he had felt His touch as surely as he had heard the music spilling from Ronnie's hands.”
― Nicholas SparksThe Last Song

Isabel Allende
“Accept the children the way we accept trees—with gratitude, because they are a blessing—but do not have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are.”
― Isabel Allende

“The only way love can last a lifetime is if it's unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.”
― Stephen KendrickThe Love Dare

Deb Caletti
“Unconditional love is like a contry of two with no laws and no government. Which is all fine if everyone is peaceful and law abiding. In the wrong hands, though, you got looting and crime sprees, and let me tell you, the people who demand unconditional love are usually the ones who will rob and pillage and then blame you because you left your door unlocked.”
― Deb CalettiThe Secret Life of Prince Charming

Markus Zusak
“No matter how many times she was told that she was loved, there was no recognition that the proof was in the abandonment.”
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

“There must be a stronger foundation than mere friendship or sexual attraction. Unconditional love, agape love, will not be swayed by time or circumstances. ”
― Stephen KendrickThe Love Dare

Vera Nazarian
“Love -- not dim and blind but so far-seeing that it can glimpse around corners, around bends and twists and illusion; instead of overlooking faults love sees through them to the secret inside.”
― Vera NazarianSalt of the Air

Abbi Glines
“Unconditional love is hard to compete with.”
― Abbi GlinesBecause of Low

“Nothing you become will disappoint me; I have no preconception that I'd like to see you be or do. I have no desire to forsee you, only to discover you. You can't disappoint me”
― Mary Haskell

Jodi Picoult
“As Lacy waited for her turn to speak on Peter's behalf, she thought back to the first time she realized she could hate her own child.”
― Jodi PicoultNineteen Minutes

Mary E. Pearson
“I thought grandmothers had to like you. It’s a law or something.”
― Mary E. PearsonThe Adoration of Jenna Fox

Barbara Kingsolver
“But the last one: the baby who trails her scent like a flag of surrender through your life when there will be no more coming after - oh, that's love by a different name. She is the babe you hold in your arms for an hour after she's gone to sleep. If you put her down in the crib, she might wake up changed and fly away. So instead you rock my the window, drinking the light from her skin, breathing her exhaled dreams. Your heart bays to the double crescent moons of closed lashes on her cheeks. She's the one you can't put down.”
― Barbara KingsolverThe Poisonwood Bible

Hafez
“Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, "you owe me." Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.

[Hafiz of Shiraz]”
― Hafez

Lisa See
“In our country we call this type of mother love teng ai. My son has told me that in men's writing it is composed of two characters. The first means pain; the second means love. That is a mother's love.”
― Lisa SeeSnow Flower and the Secret Fan

Aberjhani
“This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.”
― AberjhaniElemental: The Power of Illuminated Love

“Close both eyes see with the other one. Then we are no longer saddled by the burden of our persistent judgments our ceaseless withholding our constant exclusion. Our sphere has widened and we find ourselves quite unexpectedly in a new expansive location in a place of endless acceptance and infinite love.”
― Gregory BoyleTattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion

Dianne Rosena Jones
“God has brought a very wise Japanese lady into my life who lives in Calif. We've never met, but she has shared a tremendous amount of wisdom with me concerning unconditional love within relationships. Here is one of the things she said to me this evening when we were discussing "Soul Mates."

"Soul mates aren't perfect people. They can come into your life and provide polar emotional experiences from intense love to intense pain. Growth comes from both. And a soul mate helps you grow. It isn't just "...and they lived happily ever after" but "...and they lived!" ~ From my mentor ~ Lori Chidori Phillips”
― Dianne Rosena Jones

Robin R. Meyers
“Indeed, a quick glance around this broken world makes it painfully obvious that we don't need more arguments on behalf of God; we need more people who live as if they are in covenant with Unconditional Love, which is our best definition of God. (p. 21)”
― Robin R. MeyersSaving Jesus from the Church: How to Stop Worshiping Christ and Start Following Jesus

Rainer Maria Rilke
“Avoid providing material for the drama that is always stretched tight between parents and children; it uses up much of the children’s strength and wastes the love of the elders, which acts and warms even if it doesn’t comprehend. Don’t ask for advice from them and don’t expect any understanding; but believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is strength and blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it.”
― Rainer Maria RilkeLetters to a Young Poet

“All you have to do is revise your point of view. Instead of trying to achieve perfection, simply relax and enjoy human imperfectability. With that perspective you achieve the ultimate godhead. You see man as infinite possibility always in the process of becoming. You see finally that man, in emulating the creative process, is nothing less than God.”
― Robert H. RimmerThat Girl from Boston

Ann Brashares
“I told him, though, that he better be good to you. When you came along, I said I'd share you, but I told him to remember that you're my sister. I loved you first. (Riley to her sister Alice about Paul)”
― Ann BrasharesThe Last Summer

“Self-righteousness is much like a spiritual egocentricity. It constitutes a secular type of love that thrives under conditionality, one in which is only existent after an individual meets the adopted standards of the condemner; oppositely, unconditional love is a holy love.”
― Criss JamiSalomĂ©: In Every Inch In Every Mile

Deirdre-Elizabeth Parker
“I define myself by helping others. This is what I do.
Those people who want me to abandon my husband are asking me to put myself first and to judge him. The poor man has been judged unfairly by others. Why would I abandon him in his greatest need?”
― Deirdre-Elizabeth ParkerThe Fugitive's Doctor

Stephenie Meyer
“She is mine.' Edward’s low voice was suddenly dark, not as composed as before. 'I didn’t say I would fight fair.”
― Stephenie MeyerEclipse

Sylvia Massara
“Unconditional love is the greatest gift of all" ~ The Soul Bearers, by Sylvia Massara”
― Sylvia Massara

A.J. Jacobs
“Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one.”
― A.J. JacobsThe Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible

C. JoyBell C.
“It should be a privilege to be able to say "I love you" to someone. It shouldn't be something people say just because they feel like it. A privilege that is earned. They say you have to earn the right to be loved; no, love is unconditional, if you love someone, they don't have to earn it. But. The right to tell someone that you love them? That has to be earned. You have to earn the right to be believed.”
― C. JoyBell C.

“Pero ni los conventos tienen muros bastante elevados, ni las madres tienen cerraduras suficientemente complicadas, ni la religiĂłn deberes
lo necesariamente estrechos para encerrar a esos encantadores pajarillos en sus jaulas, sobre las cuales apenas nos dignamos a arrojar
algunas flores. Y es que ellas sienten irresistibles deseos de conocer ese mundo que tan cuidadosamente se les oculta, anhelan penetrar
el enigma que creen tan tentador, escuchan conmovidas la primera voz que a través de los barrotes llega a sus oídos contándoles secretos
y bendice la primera mano que alza una pluma del velo misterioso.”
― Alexandre Dumas-filss

Lionel Shriver
“I realize it's commonplace for parents to say to their child sternly, 'I love you, but I don't always like you.' But what kind of love is that? It seems to me that comes down to, 'I'm not oblivious to you - that is, you can still hurt my feelings - but I can't stand having you around.' Who wants to be loved like that? Given a choice, I might skip the deep blood tie and settle for being liked. I wonder if wouldn't have been more moved if my own mother had taken me in her arms and said, 'I like you.' I wonder if just enjoying your kid's company isn't more important.”
― Lionel ShriverWe Need to Talk About Kevin



1. Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
2. The greatest gift a parent can give a child is unconditional love. As a child wanders and strays, finding his bearings, he needs a sense of absolute love from a parent. There’s nothing wrong with tough love, as long as the love is unconditional.
3. To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love.
4. True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.
5. Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.
6. The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
7. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything.
8. Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.
9. Love, true love, is that which can give the most without asking or demanding anything in return.
10. Love… What is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.
11. Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another’s personhood.
12. The rule of unconditional love; it is in the giving that you make the other person realize.
13. Unconditional Love: 9 months of pregnancy and a lifetime of tender loving care. – SOL

Unconditional Love Quotes


A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won't be too bad.
Robert Wagner 

But groundless hope, like unconditional love, is the only kind worth having.
John Perry Barlow 

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
Martin Luther King, Jr. 

I come from that society and there is a common thread, specifically family values - the idea that you do anything for your family, and the unconditional love for one's children.
Ednita Nazario 

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
Martin Luther King, Jr. 

It's terrifying, that unconditional love you have for a child. I still wonder if she really came from me, from my womb. It's a miracle. I don't understand it. I live it very intensely.
Anne Parillaud 

Mom was the one who taught me unconditional love. With Dad, I'd always felt there was something to live up to - expectations. But in the last year, we had a wonderful relationship.
Greg Louganis 

One of my favorite songs from the album is a song called 'For Better or Worse,' and it's basically about unconditional love, which is, I'd say, an ongoing theme in my personal life.
Debbie Gibson 

The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.
Brian Tracy 

The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross 




DISCLAIMER - THE GIRL ON THE LEFT IS NOT ME, I JUST GOT THIS PIC TO SHOW WHAT BRYAN LOOKS LIKE. IT'S A GOOD PICTURE, TOO!!!

SEE YOU LATER, BLOG VIEWERS!!!





































No comments: